Friday, January 17, 2014

Questions & Answers...

Hi All!
 
I have had several questions regarding our adoption & thought I'd do a Q&A on the blog.    :-)


What Gender?
Several people have assumed we are adopting a little girl.  We honestly don't know.  We are open to either gender.  In the back of our minds, we are expecting a boy.  A girl would be a total surprise!  Right now, there are LOTS of boys in China that are waiting for their forever family.  God is going to give us the Child He has chosen for us.  We can't wait to see who He has picked out for us.  :-)

What Age?
We are open to 4 and under.  We would prefer to keep Maddie as our oldest child.  She is looking forward to being a big sister!  Even if it means she is only 1 month older than him or her.  :-)  Maddie turns 4 on Feb 25th this year. 

Special Needs?
Yes.  Our child will have some sort of a minor special need.  We are open to a variety of needs.

Do you have to accept the first child you get a referral on?
No.  Once we receive a child's file, we will spend 3 days praying about it. During that time, we will be showing our doctor his or her file.  If we feel this is our child, we will be elated & then move onto the next step!  :-)

Why China?
I think most of you know that I went to China this past year to help bring my cousins son home.  It was LITERALLY LIFE CHANGING for me!  I have been to several orphanages during the years.  But I never entered one AS A MOTHER.  I was always single & would day dream of adopting, but knew this wasn't meant to be until I was married.

I walked into my cousins orphanage & felt almost as if it was a physical reaction.  There were SO MANY CHILDREN.   One adorable little boy just ran up to me.  I near melted.  They were so happy!  They amazed me.  There were hundreds of kids in just this orphanage alone.  There is an orphanage in every town with lots of children.  They don't have forever families.  My heart ached.  I was overwhelmed.  I knew that we were to adopt.  I just KNEW in my core being. 

I came home & talked to my hubby right away.  I think he thought it "was a phase", that I'd stop talking about this.  ha ha.  Nope. Not a chance.  I KNEW.  Eventually, I stopped nagging him & started praying like crazy!  I had several friends praying hard that Mike would be open to the idea. Only about 1 month later, he told me he felt pulled to adopt from China too!  It was our first miracle on this journey.  :-)

----
Thanks for following along on our adoption journey!  Please keep us in your prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment