Monday, July 28, 2014

A Cheerful Heart

We are now on day 84 waiting for our LOA.  To say this has been hard is the understatement of the year.  :-( We knew the average wait time was 60-90 days for this.  I was very optimistic that we would have it at day 60 or before. ha.ha.  Joke.on.me!!!
 
I don't think I realized just how hard I had been taking this wait until this past weekend.  We went to the most beautiful wedding of Ben Hallowell & Emily Murphy. 
I babysat for Ben since he was 3, maybe even late 2's?  He is so dear to me,
as are his brothers Luke & Caleb.
 
 
 
Anyhow, the ceremony was absolutely beautiful and reception was so much F-U-N!!  I'm so very happy for both of them!  As I laid in bed that night, I couldn't stop smiling & reflecting on their special day.  I went to sleep for the first time in MONTHS not having a heavy heart thinking about our wait to meet our son.
 
I was thinking of how special the bond is between the Hallowell boys young men.  I have watched them grow up & mature and now even the first wedding.  I have enjoyed all my times with them - they were so much fun to babysit years ago!  NEVER a dull moment!  At times, they were my younger brothers I never had.  Oh what great experience they gave me interacting with little boys.  Seeing them all together again makes me even more excited to bring Roy home and be a Mama to a boy.  Bring on the boy games, cowboy & Indians, wrestling matches etc!  We just can't wait!
 
 
 
Congrats to Ben & Emily!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment