Sunday, November 9, 2014

3 Weeks Later....

Well, we've had Roy in our lives for about three weeks.  In some ways, it feels like years, in others...it feels like only 3 days.

Please keep us in your prayers - to be honest, we are struggling.  In our brains, we KNEW that this time of adjustment would be difficult (for ALL of us), but it's totally different experiencing it.  We absolutely love Roy to pieces - but we can all get frustrated with each other.  The language barrier, the 2 year old typical behavior etc sure does not help.

Madelyn has been so amazing & just loves little Roy unconditionally. I'm sorry to say that he is still warming up to her.  Please pray this happens soon.

I had been doing much better dealing with the Post Adoption depression until yesterday.  The thought of my Mom leaving tomorrow has made me VERY weepy.  When I went through this when Maddie was born, I got over it quicker.  This is taking some time.

I was encouraged today in church while singing this song "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman.  These lyrics were sooo powerful to us:
 
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm

 Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low

 Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
 
And I can see a light that is coming
For the heart that holds on

 A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles

 But until that day comes
Well live to know You here on the earth
-----
 
We are truly soo thankful for our relationship with Jesus Christ,  we could not make it through anything with out him.  He will get us through each day, one moment at a time.
 
Love,
Dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment