Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mother's Day & Farm FUN!

Wow!  It's been awhile since I posted!  I'm happy to say things are going well.  We've developed a nice little routine.  Roy has recently started speech therapy & we are all excited about this.  We can't wait to watch him blossom in this area.  Maddie is constantly encouraging him "...say this Roy... Good job!  Now...say...this.  Good Job Roy-boy!!!"  It's adorable to watch.  ;-)

This past Sunday was Mother's day.  Oh how thankful I am to be the mother to my kids.  I am grateful to know and love Madelyn's birth Mother.  She is such a special young lady to all of us.  I couldn't help but think about Roy's birth Mother more than usual.  I wonder where she is, what she is doing, what circumstances led her not to be able to parent our sweet wonderful son.  I read a beautiful quote this week.  It so moved me.  I am truly soooo thankful my children's birth Mother's chose LIFE!  I can honestly say that I can't even imagine our lives with out these two special darlings in it.
 
 
"He is mine in a way that he will never be hers,
yet he is hers in a way that he will never be mine,
and so together, we are motherhood."  ~Desha Wood
 
 
 
For the first time in years, I was actually with my own Mom on Mother's day!  Madelyn's school ended & I was able to head to my parents farm for the week.  It has been such a wonderful week!  I think Roy is a country boy at heart!  He seems to be taking it all in!  I love having so much land for my kids to RUN in!  It does my heart good watching them on the swings and checking out the cows and exploring.  I never realized how lucky I was to grow up on a farm until I was an adult. 
 
This morning, my Dad let Roy "drive" the tractor.  Oh how I wish I had this on video!  His face was priceless!!  Dad took his hands off the steering wheel and Roy wasn't bashful taking over! He had the cutest, proudest little grin!  So many times I wish his birth parents could  catch glimpses of times like these.  I have to giggle thinking he was from a big CITY in China!  You'd never know that now!
 
Our city boy turning into a country boy before our eyes!
 
 
 

 Every night, the kids would have some wonderful quality time with Uncle Neil. 
He loves them  & they love HIM so much!  I'm grateful for their bond.
 
 

Testing out Auntie April's new double stroller!  Too cute!
 

Having some fun at Roger Williams Zoo with cousin Leah & Auntie April!
 



Possibly Roy's best day in his life!  ;-)



I might just have to enlarge this for Roy's room.  :-)





My favorite Roy's in all the world!





Lazy Daily Swinging.....
 


My lil' farmers... :-)
 
 
It's been such a great week!  it's bittersweet to go.  I can't wait to see Mike & get back to our routine, but truly, this trip was just what the Dr ordered for us 3.  I look forward to coming back this summer. 
 

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! I just love the pics of him on the tractor! Our little Kai loved watching the tractor plow the field in our back yard, so I can only imagine what he would that to actually get ON a tractor!!

    ReplyDelete