Monday, April 14, 2014

A Mother's Love...

As we all know, Easter is approaching.  I find it to be sooo bittersweet.  Jesus died for my sins.  I am so thankful & grateful.  Bitter that He had to do this for us.  Sweet because He did do it for us - giving us the ultimate gift - our Salvation.  I truly would be nothing with out him. 

Four years ago, I became a Mama.  A wonderful, phenomenal gift.  Life changing to say the least.  Since becoming a Mother - Good Friday has a new perspective.  I think about Jesus' Mother, Mary a lot.  My heart aches for her.  I honestly can not imagine what she went through watching her son SUFFER on the cross.  It is unfathomable to me.  My brain will not even allow me to think what it would feel like to watch my child die so cruelly.

I have also been thinking of my child's birth mother.  She has given him or her a gift - a gift of LIFE.  A gift of letting him or her go to have better medical care.  I am sure this was not an easy decision to say the least.  My heart aches for her.  What a sacrifice to make.  She may never know what happens to her precious baby.  I am so thankful for her - I know that when we are finally matched with our child - our child will be given a life full of LOVE. Love from us.  Love from Maddie.  Love from our family.  Love from our friends.  I have no doubt that our child will be LOVED.LOVED.LOVED!!!!

A few weeks ago, a very powerful story was published about Chinese birth parents giving up their children at the Guangzhou Baby Hatch.  For full article, read it here.  A reporter was there & captured some strong images.  My heart broke.  I will never know what it is like to be in my child's birth parents shoes.  When we started this adoption process, I must confess - I judged my child's birth family. I'm embarrassed to say so.  After doing soo much more reading & praying.  God has completely convicted me & given ME a new LOVE and admiration for my child's birth family.  I am so thankful for them. 





 

1 Corinthians 13:13

"....The greatest of these is love."

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written. <3
    And I can't remember if I commented on the 800a approval!!!! But so sweet. Come on LID!!!

    ReplyDelete