Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Glimpses of Emily...

So...we are seeing glimpses of the true Emily.  After breakfast today, we saw SMILES & even a few squeals!!  I think when she forgets about her grief for a bit, we see the real sweet girl ready to bloom.   It breaks my heart just how hard this has been for her.

Tomorrow we visit the orphanage & I had to ask for a special request that she NOT see her foster Mom.  I know the foster mom will be disappointed, but we have to do what is best for Emily.   Mike & I will get to meet her and give her a gift & ask her LOTS of questions about Em.  I can’t wait.  Jana will watch the kids for us in a separate area.

It’s been a tough few days...but seeing the glimpses of her true self come out is very encouraging!!  One day at a time!

Today we went to Qingxiu Mountain, it was so pretty! We really enjoyed walking through the orchid garden.  It was breathtaking!! I thought of my Norman Grandparents-they would have loved it!! They had such a love for all flowers.  I wish they could have met my kids.  October 16th is their wedding anniversary.  That is the same day that Mike and I will take an oath at the US consulate, swearing to always love & protect Emily. ❤️❤️ I think that is pretty special.

Please please keep 🙏🏻 for Emily’s peace & all of us really.  This is so hard on her.  So hard to watch.

Love from the Rettews!

No comments:

Post a Comment