Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Roy’s Orphanage Visit

Today was the day to visit Roy’s orphanage!  I’m happy to report Mike woke up feeling 100% again!  Poor Roy didn’t want to wake up at all!! We were scheduled to leave at 7:45am. We could barely wake him up!  He slept the whole way there (it’s a 2 hour drive, one way). 🙈

Unfortunately, I woke w/my stomach feeling awful.  It was a tough decision, but I thought I should stay behind & rest.  I literally stayed in bed all day & caught up on some much needed sleep.

Mike was very brave (& amazing) and took all 3 kids to the orphanage.  We figured it would force some bonding between him & Emily.  It did! She wanted to be held by him the entire time! I was thrilled to hear it!  Our guide kept sending me updates, assuring me all was well.   

Roy was able to see his foster mother today! She was delighted to see him!! Mike said Roy got so many hugs today from her & many of the orphanage workers!  It was great to see photos as I recognized several of the staff from last time.

They were able to get a tour of the orphanage & meet many of the kids.  Such a special day for them!

They were home a little before 5 and had pizza in the room.  Tonight is our last night sleeping in the hotel!  We start the long journey home tomorrow night!! Finally! We arrive 11pm on Thursday night at JFK.  Oh it will be so good to be HOME! These two weeks have gone by slowly this trip.  We are ALL excited to get home & start some new routines as a family of 5!

I’m not sure exactly when I’ll post again...so please keep praying & specifically for the flight home.   Once I have pictures from Jana, I plan to do post some here. I’ve barely taken photos this time as my arms have been full w/Emily.  A great problem to have really! 😍

Thank you for your love & support!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment