Friday, October 12, 2018

Quick Update...

Quick update...

Things have been going ok.  Poor Emily is truly broken hearted & sooo scared.  We get SO EXCITED to see her smile!  We hope & pray that she becomes more & more comfortable with us soon.

Yesterday, we went and visited her orphanage and was able to meet her foster Mother there.  I had put in a special request that we meet the foster mother separate from Emily.  She is grieving SO HARD right now, that it seemed extra cruel to reunite them, only to be taken away again.

As soon as we met the foster mother, I burst into tears! We are SO THANKFUL for her & how much love she gave Emily.  You can tell because she is crying for her soo much.  The foster mother had also packed a backpack full of snacks, clothing & diapers, along with a small gift of money for US.  We were sooooo touched!  I've never heard of a foster mother doing this before!

We also learned that she is single...which means Emily hasn't had a lot of exposure to men, which makes sense why she is terrified of Mike.  Poor guy.  Time will help...

We knew we weren't going to be allowed to get a full tour of Emily's orphanage & we'd heard all the rumors why.  However, Mike & I both felt the staff that we met genuinely had a love for the kids & we could hear kids around! So, that made my heart extra happy.

It was a long hard day, but I'm so glad we were able to go.

Today we left Nanning & took the bullet train to Guangzhou.  It feels good to be on familiar territory (we stayed here the whole time for Roys Adoption).
We really enjoyed the beautiful scenery.  China truly is a beautiful country.  I was wishing I could've taken more photos, but I had a sleeping baby in my arms! 😁

Tomorrow is her medical appointment - which is never fun. The kids hate it.  She will also have to get a tb test (which I think they draw blood). 🙈 poor dear.

Please keep 🙏🏻, we ALL need it.  Maddie had more stomach issues this morning before we took the train.  Never a dull moment w/our family!!

I've been having issues w/uploading pics, so hopefully I can get another post up later.

Love, The Rettews

No comments:

Post a Comment