Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Butterflies have started! oh my!

So...we've been doing really good & are excited to be close to meeting our son.  Today though...is my first real day of REAL nerves.  We have one last good night sleep at home (ha ha - we'll see!!) and then tomorrow we head to the airport.  We have waited 398 days for this moment...to start the actual travel journey.  Oh how we can't wait!
 
Please pray specifically for a few things:

  • Roy's lil heart - he is most likely recently dropped off at the orphanage, wondering what on earth is going on.  Wondering where his foster family is...  He has no idea two white Americans are about to scoop him up on Monday.  I am sure he is confused & oh sooo sad.

  • Pray for Roy's foster family as they mourn him.  I tear up just thinking of them.  They've spent an entire year with him.  While we grieved that time we didn't have with him, they are now going to say goodbye.  We don't know if & when we will see them again.

  • Pray for safe travel & that my active hubby can enjoy relax sit on the plane for 15+ hours of flying.  Traveling this long is tough on anyone...but if you know Mike, he is go go go!  I'm actually looking forward to it at this point.  This means everything is DONE on my end.  You have no idea the relief that will bring me!

  • Pray we can do ok with jetlag.  It's never fun - but we want to be alert & take in all of our sons first home.

  • Pray for Maddie back home.  She is excited to have my parents spoil her, but 2 weeks is a long time away from us.  We will miss her terribly!
 
Thank you all so much for praying & following along. 
It truly means the world to us!
 
Love,
 
Dawn & Mike, the ANXIOUS parents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment